Monday, May 28, 2007
Let's talk about a blog I hate
-I don't believe I've ever called out a blog for being a steaming pile of horse shit, but I'm not getting any younger (or less fat) so now's as good a time as any. I am not a fan of this little slice of internet fluff. I understand that the "posts" are sent in by readers, which sort of makes it Post Secret for people who don't have any angst, but that doesn't make it any less abysmal. It's almost like a focus group of people who hate me got together to devise the one blog that would anger me most of all.

"Let's see, he hates pseudo-cute pictures of cats."

"And he isn't too fond of unfunny captions, either; so let's combine the two."

"Oh, and have the captions be written in some sort of slangy retard gibberish. He loathes that shit."

Well...mission accomplished, fuckers! All their blog needs is a Hair Metal soundtrack and guest opinions by Ann Coulter to make me go on a multi-state wounding spree. (I'm not a murderer, but I've always wanted to go on wounding spree across the Midwest and South. "He came out of nowhere and hit me in the leg. I'll probably have a bruise tomorrow.")

I really don't get the appeal of this thing. Yes, I know people love animals, in some cases more than they love other human beings; but I love pizza, and if someone put moron-speak captions under pictures of pie, I would be equally unamused.


18 Comments:

Blogger Phain said...

i can't believe i clicked that link and just went there. i should have believed you and stayed away. i feel this much stupider (i'll make up words if i want, it's appropriate at this point) for even going over there. my eyes hurt. and i've now got this perpetual look of confusion (the kind reserved for the REALLY stupid) stuck on my face.

i need antibiotics. stat.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

My favorite auntie used to tell me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

She drank.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

My grandmom used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me."

She drank. And smoked.

Blogger Princess Pointful said...

The best is the fact that they actually coined the term lolcats with pride.
And then extended it to tags on lolhamster and lolraccoon.

They must be so proud.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

what the hell is a lolcat? am i not retarded enough to get it?

I say you go all Tonya Harding on their knee caps, yeah!

Blogger ThatGirl said...

oh dear God, i just read the comments section over there.

It reads like a retarded Jar Jar Binks transcript.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Wait -- they're comments?? I most go see.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I mean THERE ARE. Now who's a moron. Me.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I kinda like the Hitler... Kitler... one.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i respect your opinion.

Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Okay, I should have known better, but in the future can you have some kind of warning about the content? I'm having now to clean the "cutesy"-induced vomit off of my desk.

Blogger Shelly said...

I read the comments, too, and then I broke out in hives from all the misspellings. Oh my hell, that is an awful site.

Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

What? you don't lurves teh kittehs on teh intarwebz!!1!!1

;)

Blogger nat said...

ok, i've been reading this blog for a while now and have never commented but this post has evoked a response... WTF was that!?!?!

Blogger flounder said...

Brutal. That site is worse than the Yankees.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

It's worse than that site that you blogged about that offers photos of your Cat photoshopped in Military Uniforms.

You should have linked to that blog entry.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

What about this?

Blogger Gwen said...

Have you seen LOLgays.com yet?

The good lolcats aren't the ones that are supposed to be cute. They're the ones that make fun of the whole cute-cat-loving culture.

Look, Todd. I made this for you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwenworld/521501683/

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer