Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Lebowski Fest 2008: I came for the cake, I stayed for the Beaver Picture

As usual, I had a great time at the annual Lebowski Fest. This is the official Lebowski cake, made for the festival by the people from the Ace of Cakes program (officially the only reality show I've ever seen all the way through). For those of you unfamiliar with The Big Lebowski, the cake incorporates important elements of the film; White Russians, bowling, and a severed toe.

I managed to snag a chunk of the cake once it was sliced, and it was damn good. It was a standard yellow cake inside, but it was moist and had a White Russian-flavored icing.

More important than the cake I ate was the booze I drank. I reintroduced myself, in a big way, to my old friend bourbon. By the time the should-be-infamous after party started, I was too sloshed to frighten the masses with my annual bad dancing. I think I managed to half-heartedly sway along to Smells Like Teen Spirit, but the world will have to wait another year for my patented "Starting the Lawnmower" move.

What about the Beaver Picture mentioned in the title? Take a look at it here.

Hey, it's a reference to the movie. Rent the DVD.


10 Comments:

Blogger Miss Melissa said...

That cake sounds fucking fantastic.

Also, as someone who looks like I'm seizing when I dance, I can relate to the "starting the lawnmower" move. :)

Blogger Maddie said...

Fun!

And Ace of Cakes? LOVE IT! I want to stalk every single one of them.

Blogger John said...

Dude. I'm gonna freak you out and show up at next year's shindig. I'm totally serious.

Mmmmmmmmmm......Bourbon.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I am happy to know that the beauty of Ace of Cakes is more than skin deep.

I am thrilled to hear they made white russian frosting. that's fantastic.

Blogger Fella said...

I watch Ace of Cakes like all the time. Best cake show ever.

Sorry I couldn't make it this year. Definitely next year.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I want to come next year too. I'll do anything for cake.

Do I have to watch the movie?

Blogger Fella said...

Anything?

Blogger country roads said...

What an awesome time that would be!

Blogger FRITZ said...

We really need to come to next year's fest. I'll tell you, though, it is extremely funny (for me) to work at a Jewish agency and say to co-workers: "I don't roll on Shabbos."

I know, it's a cliche line. But really? Who wants to roll on Shabbos?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer