Monday, July 27, 2009
How's the weather where you are?
This will almost certainly be the first July in recorded history where the high temperature in Louisville never reaches 90 degrees. It hasn't happened yet, and the extended forecast doesn't call for anything over 85 through the end of the week.

For those of us who've lived through a lot of schweaty Louisville summers, this is nothing short of miraculous. It makes me think August and the first half of September are going to be a hairy bitch, but I'll deal with that when it happens. How? By complaining. By complaining a lot.

So this disproves the whole global warming thing, right? Not so fast, Glenn Beck. My boss went to Vegas for her anniversary and said the high one day was 126. One. Twenty. Six. That's John-Wayne-Gacy-burning-in-hell kind of hot. And my brother says it's even been humid there this summer. Ouch.

Who blogs about the weather? Someone who almost forgot he has to blog every single day in July and it's after 11pm, that's who.


7 Comments:

Blogger lp said...

will you blog every day in august, too, kthx.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

I love this weather. My electric bill is a thing of beauty and Sweaty swamp ass is so unbecoming on a lady.

Blogger beatgrl said...

Face melting heat here in the Pacific NW (for us, anyway). We don't even have coping mechanisms in place to deal above about 75.

The last few years, we suddenly need snowplows and A/C. It's usually too mild (think dreary drizzle) to need them.

Thinking of sleeping on the lawn, will never be able to sleep in this sauna of a house tonight.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

This weather's just plumb loco.

I done gone all Texas on you!

Blogger kate sweeten said...

I went camping a couple of weekends ago in southern Missouri fulling intending on having a heat stroke before the weekend was out...what I didn't count on, however, was being able to see my breath at night because it got so freaking cold.

It hasn't been 126 in Vegas. Normal115 hot, along with the monsoon season humidity, but not 126. Don't tell Al Gore it's that cool in Louisville, he might jump off a bridge....On second thought, please tell Al Gore how cool it is in Louisville.

Blogger Lsamsa said...

Oh bloody hell...I'm coming to Louisville for a high school reunion in early Sept...my luck it will be in the freaking 90's then.
Tough enough trying to look one's best, compared to '40 years ago'(holy crap!!!), without having to fend off hot flashes, while pondering my 'Canadian-weather wardrobe'...and no, it's not a parka. :p

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer