Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Beer List
A nice young lady from New Mexico named jo-anne has requested a list of good beers. Okay, here is a starter list.

Imports
Guiness Extra Stout - also known as "The Poop Shake" due to it's dark color.

Bass Ale - Bass is just a good solid beer. Teams up with Guiness for a Black and Tan. If you can find a bartender who can properly build a Black and Tan, tip him well and become friends for life.

Pilsner Urqell - I don't even like pilsners but this is great.

Fuller's ESB - This beer on draft (Ramsi's C.O.T.W.) is beervana.


Microbrews
Sierra Nevada - One of the original U.S. microbreweries, and still one of the best. Try either their signature Pale Ale or the delicious Porter.

Fat Tire Amber Ale - Having a Fat Tire is like drinking a liquid biscuit.

Pyramid Wheat - Try it with a slice of lemon on a hot summer's day.

h.c. berger's banshee red - I can't get this beer in Nevada even though it's made out west, but when I go home I always grab a six pack.

Anderson Valley Indian Pale Ale- every Anderson Valley beer I've had is excellent.

Blue Moon Belgian Ale - Beer snobs don't like Blue Moon because it was bought out by Coors, but served with an orange slice it's one of my favorites.

There are several others that I don't think would be available in the southwest. A quick shout out to Cumberland Brews in Louisville. They have the best beer on earth but it's draft only. They don't bottle it.

I am by no means a beer expert. These are just a few I've enjoyed through the years. If anyone has a beer they think jo-anne should try feel free to comment.


8 Comments:

Blogger Narrator said...

Todd, what's your email address? It's not in your profile.

Beer gives me beer shits. Yellow watery pooh.

Blogger yournamehere said...

Dena, my email address is
toddvegas@cox.net

Cox is my embarrassingly named cable provider through which I receive high speed internet.

Blogger joanne said...

Oooh, thank you for the elaboration (*feeling special*).
:-D

Blogger Dr. Chingasa said...

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Pete's Wicked Ale

Blogger yournamehere said...

I should be shot for forgetting about Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. Thanks, doc.

Blogger Modigliani said...

Ok, wheat beers ROCK... you forgot some really really GOOD ONES:

Paulaner Hefe Weizen (with the lemon, of course!)

Hoegaarden (belgian wheat... oh yeeeah! again, lemon!)

scrumpdidlyicious... :)

Blogger Osbasso said...

I have to protest on EPZ's mention of Washingon's finest. Moose Drool MAY be their finest, but it's brewed just down the road from me at Big Sky Brewing Co. in Missoula, MT! However, I agree that it's pretty damned good!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Hook also makes an excellent wheat beer.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer