Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Louisville 68 UNLV 48
I just watched the University of Louisville Cardinals play the University of Nevada at Las Vegas Rebels in a game of college basketball. Since I spent almost four years in the Vegas area, did any part of me want UNLV to do well in this game? No.

You see, no one in Las Vegas gives a ferret's fuckknob about UNLV basketball. As a local I tried to fit in, so I didn't care about them either. And I still don't.

The announcers of the game tonight, a guy with the personality of a bed of kelp and a guy with the personality of a park bench, kept referring to the "great crowd" at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, but when the cameras showed the entire arena the upper deck was empty.

Bed of Kelp: "What a great crowd here in Vegas."

Park Bench: "This is a great crowd for college basketball."

Really, it was a great crowd for high school basketball. For college basketball, it sucked. As much as things are constantly changing in Las Vegas, it's comforting to know that overwhelming indifference to UNLV basketball is a constant.


4 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i like how you referred to them as bed of kelp and park bench.

one of my favorite things about watching nip/tuck is reading the recaps online the next morning, and lately they've been talking about how boring the daughter is. they renamed her "balsa wood" which made me lol.

anyways, it reminded me of that.

Blogger John said...

THANK YOU LORDY JESUS FOR MAKING IT BASKETBALL SEASON FINALLY!!! I was beginning to think that "just gargled with a 7th Street whore's bath water" taste that Krapthorpe's brand of football leaves in my mouth would never go away. Pitino '08.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Allow me to add to your comfort level - the overwhelming indifference to UNLV basketball is a constant here as well.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I don't believe there's a "university" in Las Vegas.

You made that up.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer