Monday, November 19, 2007
Yesterday a pizza saved my life

Saturday night I went to see a local band play at a venue about two blocks from where I'm house-sitting this week. In other words, I didn't have to worry about drinking and driving; I could just stagger back after the show.

Let's just say I had a problem pacing myself. I had been having a bad ...uh... life, and drinking Maker's Mark two at a time seemed like a good idea. It wasn't.

I don't remember a note played by the fine band I went to see. Seriously, people asked "How was the show?" and I had to say "Your guess is as good as mine." (Dave, Alisha, you were both there. How was it?)

The next day, I was hurting. I felt like I had gone back in time to 1988, walked up to Mike Tyson, and insulted his mother. Not that present-day Tyson couldn't kick my ass, but the was a Tyson-in-his-prime hurt.

My first idea was to go to Cumberland Brews and have a few of their fabulous beers. They tasted good, but did nothing to quell the sense of impending death that hung over my hangover.

Thank the god of your choice for Impellizeri's. A few slices of my favorite pizza saved my life. The next time you're in Louisville, I'll take you there.


14 Comments:

Impellizeri's saved my life many a time while I was in High School, just like LaBamba's saved me in college. I'll look forward to you taking me there next month.

Blogger Rachel Schell said...

a bad life! ahahahaha! I can relate.

PS - thanks a lot! now I'm hungry.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I have the urge to pamper you and make you blueberry pancakes.

Promise?

Blogger flounder said...

Please don't take this personally, but I fail to see how anything produced in Louisville can be considered pizza.

You can thank John Schnatter for that.

Blogger Lauren said...

I'm pretty sure that John Schnatter is from Southern Indiana. At least, I hope he is.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I'm with Übie.

Pancakes and boob smooshes.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i did a similar thing with dewars last night because they were sponsoring the event i danced at.

woe is me.

Blogger Miss Awesome said...

When I have a hangover, nothing can make it better.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You're old.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Look, it's the Scarlet Hip Pot calling the Feathered Mullet Kettle old!

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Mmm...pot.

Blogger Dr. Chingasa said...

first band (Lucky Pineapple) sounded great. 2nd band sucked. 3rd band started strong and I started catching up to you.

Blogger yournamehere said...

vast,
let's go to Impellizzeri's AND LaBamba's.

rachel,
go get a slice of pizza.

ubie,
that's the nicest thing ever. Thanks.

rachel,
swear to god.

flounder,
The first Impellizzeri's location opened when Papa John was still in middle school. And judging by his crappy pizza, he never ate there.

lauren,
he is indeed from Southern Indiana. Even though I don't like his pizza, I appreciate the fact that he gives millions of dollars to build sport stadiums around town.

tits,
boob smooshes? With syrup?

kendra,
woe is you indeed. I need to go to more sponsored events, though. Did you get free stuff?

big momma p,
you never had this pizza.

scarlet hip,
eat one.

ubie,
that might be the funniest comment in the history of this blog.

tits,
alcohol is my anti-drug.

scarlet,
somewhere Nelson is "nelsoning" you.

dr. c,
I remember the first two bands. The second band did suck.

I saw Wax Fang play for free at Ear x-tacy on Tuesday. They were really good. And I was completely sober.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer