Sunday, April 26, 2009
This poor bastard...

I don't take a lot of pictures with my cell phone, but when I saw this standing in front of the liquor store this past Saturday, I had to capture the moment.

Yes, that's a human being dressed as the Early Times Mint Julep, the Mickey Mouse of Upper South alcoholics. Early Times is a cheap, horrible whiskey, aged not in charred oak barrels but in used pauper coffins. Their pre-mixed mint julep tastes like gargled Scope from the mouth of Gary Busey. It's the one served at the race track during the Kentucky Derby; and is the main reason generations of tourists hate the drink to this day.

It was unseasonably warm this weekend and this unfortunate fellow had to stand in the baking sun and get mocked by Bud Light drinkers. I'm hoping he gets paid $50 bucks an hour to suffer such indignities; or at least has a nice girlfriend with a raging "whimsical inflatable suit" fetish.


7 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Somebody paid money to have that suit designed and produced for one afternoon in one specific city for one specific event.

I think that money could've been better spent elsewhere.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Is it me, or does that suit appear to have no eyelets? Well, maybe it's for the best.

That is hilarious. Did that guy even know you were taking a picture of him? If he hasn't lost the will to live yet, he will.

Blogger Johnny Yen said...

As my friend Bubs tells his children, if your job entails wearing a costume, your life has probably gone astray.

Blogger Dale said...

You should definitely Todder about this! I laughed way too loud at the 'aged in used pauper coffins' part. I guess you could say I was all a-Twitter. Or just a twit.

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Unknown said...

The girl firend with the fetish was in there with him. It's what made the whole thing tolerable.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer