Sunday, March 29, 2009
Sport is a filthy, filthy whore
I watch sports occasionally, but I'm more of a highlight guy. The folks at Sportscenter are kind enough to pick out the good parts for my enjoyment.

The two teams I really follow are the Dallas Cowboys, who may never win another playoff game ever, and the University of Louisville basketball team. I watch every possible Louisville game and tape the ones I can't catch live. The Cardinals had a good year, winning the Big East Conference regular season and tournament championships; and entered the NCAA tourney field as the Number One overall seed.

Well, they fucking lost today; and it wasn't even close. I am now convinced that the University of Louisville will never win another championship in my lifetime. If they couldn't win with this team, they are never going to win.

They won their first title in 1980. Back then, people dressed like this.

They won it all again in 1986. Back then, people dressed like this.

Since then? Nothing. But I'll be back next fall when the season starts again. And once again the year will eventually end in soul-crushing disappointment.

I can hardly wait.


5 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

By the time they win again, people will be dressing like this.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Sounds like you have all the makings of a Cub Fan.

Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Soul-crushing disappointment? Try being a Cubs fan.

Blogger yournamehere said...

Well, this is so much worse because it's happening to me.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Maybe if you dressed as Brooke suggests, they'd win.

Please try.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer