Monday, March 30, 2009
Charity almost killed us
Last week when my brother, his wife, and my 3-month old nephew were in town, we ate at a place called BD's Mongolian Grill. This chain restaurant was always a favorite when my brother lived in Columbus, Ohio, so he was glad to see one had recently opened in Louisville.

At a mongolian grill, the customer gathers their meat, veggie, and sauce options into a handy bowl and presents it to a restaurant employee, who cooks it on a giant griddle or something. I noticed that night there were a lot of "cooks" who didn't seem to know what they were doing, but since I deal with incompetence on a daily basis at work, this didn't strike me as unusual.

Well, it turns out the new cooks were members of a local fraternity, who took a night off from beer pong and roofie-aided finger banging to participate in the restaurant's Guest Griller charity program.

That's right... BD's Mongolian Grill, in the name of charity, lets random assholes just wander in from a kegger and cook food for paying guests. There's poultry and shellfish involved here, for fuck's sake!

Speaking of raw poultry, that brings me to the subject of the undercooked piece of chicken my sister-in-law found in her food. Hard to believe, but "Booger" and "Ogre" and the rest of the Tri Lambs failed to achieve in the modest task that was their charge.

It was a miracle that we all survived.


6 Comments:

There's no other way to say this so I'll come right out and say, you are fucking brilliant sometimes.

The funny thing is that it really was the tri lambs! From a business standpoint, how the hell can BD's take the liability? They either kill somebody with raw chicken, or they they burn themselves on the grill. Oh, and what about the Manager who hit a "gong" with a hammer two feet from our sleeping baby? Victoria almost murdered that son of a bitch.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

VRWC, if I was on the jury, Victoria would be found innocent.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I often wonder why Jesus' walking on water is considered a miracle.

By the same token, I wonder how cooking potentially dangerous food for paying customers is considered community service. Is there no soup kitchen (with easy-to-cook food) in Louisville? Were you involved in a hybrid of "Fear Factor" and "Candid Camera?"

Blogger foundinidaho said...

What Ubermilf said.

I agree Uber. That guy would have loved to have dealt with me instead of her. You just don't mess with a mom and her sleeping baby. God help you if you do.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer