Tuesday, July 28, 2009
My Twenty Favorite R.E.M. Songs
My friend Erin mentions a Top Twenty R.E.M. Song list on her latest blog, so I'm going to take the idea and run with it, but with a few changes.

I'm going to call my list "Favorites" rather than "Best"; and I'm going to cop out a little by listing them in alphabetical order instead of preference.

"Begin the Begin"-Life's Rich Pagent

"Cuyahoga"-Life's Rich Pagent

"(Don't Go Back to) Rockville"-Reckoning

"Driver 8"-Fables of the Reconstruction

"Exhuming McCarthy"-Document

"Feeling Gravity's Pull"-Fables of the Reconstruction

"Find the River"-Automatic for the People

"Gardening at Night"-Chronic Town EP

"Harborcoat"-Reckoning

"Maps and Legends"-Fables of the Reconstruction

"Nightswimming"-Automatic for the People

"Perfect Circle"-Murmur

"Pilgrimage"-Murmur

"Pretty Persuasion"-Reckoning

"Radio Free Europe" -original single available on the Eponymous reissue. Better than the version on Murmur, in my opinion.

"Seven Chinese Brothers"-Reckoning

"So. Central Rain"-Reckoning

"These Days"-Life's Rich Pagent

"Wendell Gee"-Fables of the Reconstruction

"You are the Everything"-Green

That wasn't easy for me.


5 Comments:

I've never heard of any of those songs. Probably why they are actually good.

Blogger Erin said...

Nice call on "Feeling Gravity's Pull" and "Maps and Legends," they're fantastic and underrated. Totally agree on the original Hib Tone 7" version of "Radio Free Europe." I used to not be so impressed with "Man on the Moon," but hearing it live changed things. I am not a big fan of "Wendell Gee."

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Pbbbssst.

Blogger Osbasso said...

I wouldn't even be able to come up with a list of One Favorite R.E.M. Song. I've never liked them.

I could do a list of my favorite Monkees' songs, if you like!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Turn You Inside Out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer