Tuesday, May 24, 2005
And Now a Word From Our Sponsor...
There's a radio commercial I hear almost every day driving home from work and I have to vent my anger about this abomination.

The commercial is for a luxury condo development being built in downtown Las Vegas. City leaders are trying to encourage monied people to move away from their gated suburban communities and buy a glorified apartment at the corner of Crack and Drive-by.

That's all fine, but the commercial itself makes me want to plow into innocent pedestrians. It features two women meeting for drinks, presumably at one of those trendy little bistros which exist in cities that, unlike Las Vegas, don't have to co-opt their culture. One of the women insipidly lists the features and benefits of living in the "new" downtown; while the other one ignores her and loudly complains about not having a drink. It's all just a ham-fisted, half-assed Sex in the City rip-off, complete with the petty, witless bitchiness that stupid people mistake for female empowerment. At one point the complainer whines, "What do you have to do to get a Cosmo around here?"

Oh, that is so witty and hip. The late-nineties called and wants its cocktail back, you shrill, overpriledged cuntpouch. I don't get the point of this commercial. Am I supposed to want to have these horrible people as my neighbors? I wouldn't want to sit near them at that bistro, never mind share the same building. In fact, I want to live at the point in the Las Vegas valley that is furthest away from these two women and anyone remotely like them.

Our city planners want to charge people a quarter of a million dollars to live in a new building surrounded by abject poverty and this is what they come up with?


1 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I'm a Chicagoan as well, and I feel sorry for you Las Vegans for having to view that commercial. If it actually appeals to people, I feel even sorrier.

By the way, my favorite genital-derived slur is "cuntzilla."

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer