Monday, May 30, 2005
Quote
"A changing moment in my life came the day I first laughed. That was when life took a new form and my sad visions were cleansed by humor and from that day on I paid homage to comedy. From that day on I studied with the zeal of monks lost in religious rapture, the works of the comedy masters. For I loved comedy and I loved those who loved it. I loved those who gave their lives to find the perfect laugh, the real laugh, the gut laugh, the healing laugh." -Bill Hicks 1961-1994


4 Comments:

Blogger Cincysundevil said...

Bill Hicks was a brilliant man. I never thought I could laugh about a crucifix until I listened to Bill Hicks.

Blogger Narrator said...

Who is Bill Hicks?

Blogger yournamehere said...

Wow, someone doesn't remember when she asked about a book I read and I answered "American Scream" about comedian Bill Hicks. He died of pancreatic cancer, which almost never afflicts people that young. His CD's are still available. I think you especially would love Bill Hicks, Dena. He's your cup of tea, I do believe.

Blogger Daniel Tricarico said...

It's no accident that I accidently found your blog, loved it, bookmarked it, and now find a quote on it from Bill Hicks. I was lucky enough to see Bill Hicks live many times in the 80s before he died and I thought he was a fucking prophet. He told the truth. . .whether people liked it or not.
And he was hilarious while he did it. That's also why I like Viva Las VegASS. Thanks.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer