Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Tag...I'm It
My blog-buddy Evil Petting Zoo tagged me (without even buying me dinner, I might ad) so here goes.

1. Total volume of music files on my computer: Zero. I'm not a tech guy. Note the lack of visual stimuli on my site.

2. The Last CD I bought was: Shipping News, "Flies the Field." Already mentioned in a previous post, I'm still liking it.

3. Song Playing Right Now: I'm listening to "Lovely" by the Primitives. It's either that or gut-wrenching sadness.

4. Five songs I listen to a lot (in no particular order):
The Sundays - "Here's Where the Story Ends" When Harriet Wheeler sings "I never would have thought / those books that you bought / were all I loved you for" I get chills. Yeah, I know..."Harriet." Give her a break, she's British.

Veruca Salt - "I'm Taking Europe With Me" I love the catchy pop verses and the incompetently screamed choruses.

Slint - "Good Morning, Captain" Why? I don't have to explain myself to you.

Helium - "Sportscar" Sample lyric: "That was just a joke about the money / you're gonna pay me with your life."

Nirvana "Serve the Servants" The best opening line in the history of music is "Teenage angst has paid off well / now I'm bored and old."

I have to tag people now. How about Ms. Hellion, Dr. Chingasa, and Dena. Answer the above questions. Please.


3 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

I love the Sundays! Could there be a more pure and sweet voice?

Blogger Cincysundevil said...

I have to agree with Modigli on this; The Sundays were awesome. Her voice was beautiful .. plus their remake of "Wild Horses" was great. Also, "Summertime" was superb. And oh yes, the Primitives were marvelous as well!

Blogger yournamehere said...

Yes, kindred spirits. To my knowledge the Sundays only did one U.S. tour and I saw them in Cincy at Bogart's. Great show.
I still preach the gospel of the Primitives to all who'll listen.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer