Tuesday, January 24, 2006
The Pot Calling the Kettle "Stupid"

This is the artist still known as Pink. I don't know what thoughts go through your head when you see Pink, but I'm quite sure they don't contain the following:

"There's a Mensa candidate if ever there was one."
"I'd like to hear her ideas for ending world hunger."
"If Bill Clinton met Pink, he would talk politics with her and not try to get in her pants."
"Truly a serious artist; and definitely not a poseur."

I mention this because Pink is coming out with a single called "Stupid Girls" in which she makes fun of Britney Spears, the Simpson sisters, Lohan, etc., for being...well, stupid. And I assume for making bad music.

"But Todd," you are all saying as one, "Pink makes bad music her own damn self, and she appears to be quite stupid as well."

Astute observation, gang. Pink is someone who thinks rebellion is defined by how many times she can stick out her tongue and give the finger at the same time, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that she's stupid to the point of being ignorant of her own stupidity.

I think the whole thing is about publicity. Pink's first release did very well. It was entitled Mizundastood, which is stupid-speak for Misunderstood. Her second CD? Her parents bought it; maybe her stylist. Shit, I didn't even know she had a second CD until I googled her to get that picture, and the damn thing came out two years ago.

The publicity angle is working, though. Because of this post, twelve people now know that Pink is coming out with a new single and CD.

I just hope none of you are stupid enough to buy it.


18 Comments:

Blogger Cincysundevil said...

Oh you know I'll be the first fuckstick in line for that one!!

Blogger Andi said...

You want to lick her feathers don't you?

Blogger Fella said...

I'd show her my o face.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

It would cost me 25$ to buy it here in oz land...
Not worth it.

Blogger AMS said...

not unless i feel the need for a new ashtray anytime soon

Blogger AWE said...

She just wants Eminem.

Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Because of this post, I now know that Pink exists. Thanks...really.

Blogger Unknown said...

Thirteen.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

her second cd was actually more popular than the first, and while i don't particularly enjoy her, i do respect that she screws around with her image and isn't a giant gaping slut like the other ones.

she has a decent voice and if she is confident enough in her relationship to be the one to propse, i really admire that. i could never do it.

i think she could kick your ass, and i mean that in the nicest possible way.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

and that pic is from her first album- she doesn't look like that anymore.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

crap now i sound like a huge fan or something.

i'm not- i like that one song she did with peaches though.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Pink once said that when she worked at McDonald's as a teenager, she'd ask to clean the bathrooms, go trip on acid, and watch the tiles all day.

That's pretty stupid, but can any of the "Stupid Girls" claim they did that?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I'd rather pretend none of this exists.

Blogger yournamehere said...

cincy,
the fuckstick line is always the longest.

andi,
she seems like someone who wouldn't smell good.

nick,
she has a nice body. I'm still wondering about the hygeine.

knitty,
my god. How much is booze over there? You must be broke.

kat,
she should blow me.

ams,
don't cigarette butts deserve better?

trix,
did he say yes? I'm pretty sure Carey Hart could get his fair share of strange.

mr carson,
the ol' shocker, eh?

awe,
that could be the start of a white trash super-race.

Blogger yournamehere said...

tumbleweed,
you're welcome. Anything to help.

jj,
okay. Random number back at ya.

princess,
is your toes curling a good thing?
And you have a crush on me? My heart is all aflutter.

kendra,
oh, of course she could kick my ass. And let me know when you finish writing her biography.

ian,
I think she's lying. I think she did Crystal Meth with her dad while posing for him in schoolgirl outfits.

ubie,
once again, you are the wise one among us.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

When I think of the word pink, I think of twats.

There. I said it.

Blogger Maddie said...

I think you meant pot calling kettle stooopid.

Blogger yournamehere said...

todd,
yeah, I get the feeling hygeine ain't her bag.

brooke,
I think of your twat specifically. There, I said it.

pants,
I stand corrected.

megan,
I wonder if she even writes her own lyrics. Kendra, help us out with some info.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer