Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tagged to the eighth degree
My friend Erin tagged me to do this meme. That's right, babies...TWO MEMES IN A ROW! This is the second-to-last day before National Blog Posting Month mercifully comes to a close, and I'm a shameless whore. NOTE: I'll still be a shameless whore come December.

8 passions in my life:
Making friends (and the occasional stranger) laugh.
Drinking a tasty beer at Cumberland Brews.
The futile pursuit of true love.
Writing.
Watching University of Louisville basketball, win or lose.
Thursday night at Buffalo Wild Wings. Living proof that friends are more important than the venue.
My hometown, warts and all.
The art and majesty of the dulcimer (ok, not really, but I ran out of passion).

8 things to do before I die:
Visit Europe without getting in a fistfight with a Frenchman.
Lose a lot of weight.
Visit New York City with someone who can lead me to the best pizza in the city and a good bagel.
Get it on with a Redhead.
Find true love (if this happens with a non-Redhead before I get it on with a Redhead, that's ok with me).
Get a job I don't despise.
Publish something.
Do a shot of Patron with Jessica Alba.

8 things I often say:
"I don't care."
"You've got to be fucking kidding me."
"I'll have one more."
"Can I leave early?"
"What's going on this weekend?"
"Maker's and Coke, please."
"Where did (random cashier) go?"
"I'll be back. I'm going to the restroom."

8 books I read recently:
The 101 People Who Are Really Screwing Up America, by Jack Huberman
Who Let the Dogs In? A Personal History of America's Most Incredible Political Animals, by Molly Ivins
Kitchen Confidential: Adventures from the Culinary Underbelly, by Anthony Bourdain
I Am America and So Can You!, by Stephen Colbert
American Scream: The Bill Hicks Story, by Cynthia True
(Yeah, sorry. That's all I've read recently. I probably need to read a little fiction, huh?)

8 songs that mean something to me:
Here's Where the Story Ends, The Sundays
Thief, Belly
Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Leadbelly/performed by Nirvana
Just about every song from their first four albums, REM
Dancing Queen, Abba
Blizzard of '78, Ida
Thunder Road (version from the Live 1975-1985 CD), Bruce Springsteen
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Hank Williams

8 qualities I look for in a friend:
Sense of humor
Prefers Letterman over Leno
Someone I can trust
Not a moron
Treats people with respect
Enjoys a good drink
Non judgmental
Is confused by the popularity of Rachel Ray

8 people who I’m passing this on to:
Nope, not gonna do it.



13 Comments:

Blogger Maddie said...

I'm beginning to wonder if there is job that I wouldn't despise.

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a borderline alcoholic redhead looking for true love and I like big guys (unless they're shorter than 5'11) Too bad we're 1160 miles apart or we could give it a go.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

dulcimers. ha.

Blogger Fella said...

Frenchmen fight with their feet.

Blogger Dani said...

I can't steal that meme. Now what the hell am I supposed to blog today?? Thanks a lot, Todd. For NOTHING!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I'm glad I don't have to do a book report.

I haven't read a book since July.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

If I were to do this meme, at least one of my eight in each category would be the same as yours.

And I'm a shameless whore, too!

We have so much in common!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Now I know why we are friends.

Blogger flounder said...

I nearlt met your criteria for being a friend.


...except for the moron part.

We'll do several of the things on your list during my visit next month.

Blogger Unknown said...

I just finished Kitchen Confidential yesterday, and read I Am America a week ago. WEIRD.

I converted to Pastafarianism today!! Horray for meee!! Yarr, matey!!

Blogger Fella said...

FSM... What is this? 2005?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer