Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Enough wonkish puffery...let's release the hounds on this fucker
I hesitate to write about politics, because it always devolves into a bunch of name-calling in the comments, but it is an election year, and it is my blog, so here we go again...

I think Hillary Clinton gave a pretty good speech last night. She asked the correct question of her supporters, "Were you in this campaign just for me?", then gave them reasons to throw their support toward Obama. She referred to John McCain as "my colleague and my friend" and then ripped him a new one with a smile on her face. Really, you can't be married to Bill Clinton for this long and not learn that trick.

After the speech, some paid McCain hack released a statement saying Hillary never mentioned Obama's experience and never said Obama was "ready to lead." Well, it was a political speech, asshole; of course she didn't tout his experience or lack thereof. I'm sure no one at the Republican Convention will bring up McCain's old age or the fact that McCain, red-faced and screaming, called his wife "cunt" in public. I'm sure those things won't be mentioned.

As far as "ready to lead" goes, no she didn't use those exact words. She did say "Nothing less than the fate of our nation and the future of our children hangs in the balance" of an election in which she endorses Barack Obama. Did she really have to say "ready to lead"? Jesus.

I, like a lot of Democrats, have been too nice to McCain, mainly because he was tortured. Well, no more. Tortured? What have you done for me lately, John? Former Democratic Senator Max Cleland had both of his legs blown off in Vietnam, and that didn't stop the Republican sleaze machine from comparing him to Bin Laden!

Also, these guys question McCain's war-hero status. Some of them are the same people who "Swiftboated" John Kerry, so we know they aren't liberals. Why aren't they being given CONSTANT media attention like they were in 2004? Their leader, former Green Beret Ted Sampley, was on Fox News several times in 2004 to bash John Kerry, but he hasn't been invited back to rip on McCain. So, he was an agent of truth in 2004 and is a god damned liar now? Interesting. Will Alan Colmes ask Sean Hannity if he thinks Ted Sampley is telling the truth? Probably not if he wants to keep his job as the human biscuit in the Fox News circle jerk.

I'm wondering how far these Vets Against McCain are willing to go. Will there be prime time commercials? Will there be a poorly-written, hastily-researched book? Will there be a Lifetime movie starring Bea Arthur as John McCain? Only time will tell.


16 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"

You certainly know how to turn a phrase.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Bea Arthur is way too sexy to play John McCain.

Blogger egan said...

I would love nothing more than to see that Lifetime movie.

Great summation man. You don't state in a job interview "Yeah, I have problems punctuality and authority". Duh, that's pretty obvious.

It must be the latest Gallup poll that has prompted the latest round of hostility at McCain. I don't blame you, I'd be worried too.

Blogger yournamehere said...

vast,
let me ask you a question. You bought the Swiftboat book back in 2004; I saw it on your coffee table. If they were telling the truth then, are they lying now?

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I'm confused by this post. So many big words! Can we get back to talking about Britney Spears? Like. Oh. My. God.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

You're so pretty, Brooke.

Did those people you are talking about actually serve with McCain? Were they in a Vietnamese prison camp with him? I'm asking you because I don't know. I don't know what their positions are either. If they did serve with or if they were POWs with him, they have every right to say whatever they want to. Write a book, go on TV. I don't think you hear much about it because of the mountain of documented proof about McCain's torture and service. If there are some that disagree with it, that's their right as an American to do so. If they were actually there, who am I to say they are liars? Let the records speak for themselves an you don't have to worry about things like this. Hope that answers your question. I have to get back to making my "Hamas for Obama" signs now. I wonder if the average American is aware of this glowing endorsement?

Blogger yournamehere said...

vast,
I think the guy lied about Kerry AND McCain. I just think it's odd that Fox News isn't being "Fair and Balanced" and giving him airtime.

As for Hamas, that's a non issue. Every election cycle, the KKK and various white supremist groups endorse the Republican candidate and a whole bunch of crazy extreme leftist organizations endorse the Democrat. That isn't either candidate's fault.

Blogger foundinidaho said...

I won't degenerate this time (I promise).

I'll just say well said.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

An al-Qaida splinter group endorsed Bush in 2004, specifically noting his penchant for using violence as an answer to everything. It's funny how no one seemed to care about that, but if some pointless American fringe group supports Obama or McCain (mainly out of hate for the other guy, not a specific reason), then everyone freaks. Funny how that works.

Blogger John said...

Man, I'm so disappointed so far this election cycle! McBama and O'Cain are being way too nice to each other. I'm with you on this one, Todd. RELEASE THE EVIL GAZE HOUNDS FROM HELL! There's only 8 or 9 weeks left, damnit. If those two aren't being kept apart by Secret Service agents by their 3rd debate, what a GYP! KICK HIS ASS!

Oh, and Brooke, why didn't you tell me you adopted a dog? Now you are forever in my good graces. I will be respectful from now on. But just to you.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Brooke has a boyfriend!
Brooke has a boyfriend!

Blogger yournamehere said...

Obama talked about stealing your sign in his speech last night. He mentioned you by name and everything.

Blogger beatgrl said...

I like your political commentary. Fuck the name callers.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer