Monday, October 13, 2008
John McCain and his BFF G. Gordon Liddy
The mainstream media isn't making a big deal about the findings that Sarah Palin abused her powers as governor of Alaska. That's a prime example of the soft bigotry of low expectations, so I'm not even going to bother with it.

But more should be expected of John McCain, right? Right?

G. Gordon Liddy is a conservative talk show host who spent four and a half years in prison for his role in the Watergate burglary. John McCain has been on his radio program several times; and Liddy once held a fundraiser for McCain in his house. Hmmm, that sounds familiar.

In November of 2007, the last time McCain was on Liddy's program, he stated the following:

"It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Let's take a look at some of these "principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

-Well, there's Watergate, for starters. How does breaking and entering keep our nation great? Is wire tapping a principle or a philosophy, Senator McCain? I'm not sure. It's kind of like how we liberals don't know the difference between a tactic and a strategy.

-G. Gordon Liddy onced plotted the assasination of journalist Jack Anderson. How dare I make such an accusation? Liddy bragged about it in his autobiography. He also mentioned his plan (never implemented, obviously) to firebomb the Brookings Institute and his bizarre plot to kidnap anti-war protesters and drive them to Mexico. That's the kind of problem solving that just screams "Great country!"

-"Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. Kill the sons of bitches." Oh my god, who would say such a borderline treasonous thing? G. Gordon Liddy said it on his radio show. I could feel the nation getting greater as I typed it.

-G. Gordon Liddy once said that listening to Hitler's speeches on the radio as a child "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before. Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will entranced me. He sent an electric current through my body." Gordo popped his first boner listening to a Hitler speech. Fantastic.

I have nothing else to add, so let me repeat: "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."


8 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

G. Gordon Liddy is merely trying to safeguard my freedoms by taking them away and putting them someplace safe where I can't use them.

Why are you trying to discredit a great American?

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

He was great on Miami Vice.

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you suppose that J Mac would make Ollie North his Sec of Defense if he was elected? Hopefully as it appears now we will not have to worry about that eventuality.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Ollie North is another great American who knows when to ignore laws. If he happens to get richer as a result, that is entirely coincidental.

Blogger Vache Folle said...

Somehow, GG Liddy and O NOrth were rehabilitated, while Wm Ayers was not despite 40 years of respectability. Neither Liddy nor North has ever done anything respectable, yet they're OK. GO figure.

By the way, keep up the political commentary if not exclusively. Your social commentary has shown that you know a douche bag when you see one, and that is sorely needed in the political context.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyable post. Thank you.

Blogger foundinidaho said...

My mother says she'd vote for Nixon. AGAIN.

Dear Lord...

You know, I'm sick and tired of the bullshit, so I decided to run for President myself. I have a pretty good following. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=370617&altf=Tdpuu1&altl=Qibssjt

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer