Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Weather
It has rained on and off (but mostly on) for about a week now. The Ohio River is overflowing, streets are closed, and the city has an overall wet cardboard musk to it. Yes, the weather is news, but the situation is slowly devolving into LOCAL WEATHERMAN OVERKILL. I can't turn on my TV without a lacquer-coiffed manikin telling me about a storm that has already passed us by. 


"THE STORM IS OUT OF OUR VIEWING AREA NOW BUT WE WANT TO WARN THE FOLKS IN COALDUST COUNTY OF THEIR IMPENDING METEOROLOGICAL DOOM. TAKE SHELTER, PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO WAY OF HEARING ME!"


I hate to sound like an old guy who tells you things were a lot different when he was a kid, but things were a lot different when I was a kid.


When I was in second grade about a dozen tornadoes hit Louisville, all in a single day. There was no advance warning. None. There were sirens, and three seconds later the city was a pile of rubble. 


"Well, the town is pretty much destroyed. And now here's Barry with sports."

Could we maybe, just maybe, find a middle ground?





3 Comments:

Blogger D Griffin said...

Feeling your pain - they are driving me crazy too! I have it on channel 11 and they have shown "Scotty's" footage of a tornado that "almost" touched down about 20 times now. I think that most people are becoming indifferent to it - when we do actually have a tornado, no one will be paying attention. In other news, glad to see you posting more - really missed your commentaries!

Blogger Laura said...

You mean you aren't enthralled about the extensive coverage of SPRING'S FURY! ? What about the scouring of Facebook for something to say on air?

I am under the bed until WAVE tells me its safe to come out.

Funny post bro!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer