This is the first photo of myself I've ever posted on this blog (at least the first where I'm not wearing a donkey mask). I chose this picture for a few reasons.
1. I'm surrounding by the fabulous Derby City Roller Girls. They're cute and they'll kick your fuckin' ass.
2. The photo isn't a close-up. I'm way in the background and part of my fatness is hidden by the girls.
3. Seriously, don't even look at me. Look at the hot little blonde in front of me. Better, huh?
4. The white tent in the background makes me look less pale than I actually am.
5. When this picture was taken, on Saturday afternoon at Lebowski Fest, I wasn't drunk yet.
6. I'm the tall male in the picture, in case you're wondering.
7. How does David Letterman's writers keep coming up with those Top Ten lists? This is all I have.
Here's the guy who won Best Overall Costume at Lebowski Fest. He's "The Pope shitting in the woods." Yes, he brought "the woods" into the bowling alley with him. Yes, the fine folks at Executive Strike and Spare are extremely understanding.
One other quick Lebowski Fest fact...The three main "groups" at the hotel that weekend: Lebowski Fest participants; a gospel quartet convention; and a reunion of the surviving members of the World War Two 390 Bomber Squadron. In other words, well-dressed people who take delight in singing praises to the Lord and old men who were once shot at by anti-aircraft weaponry were both subjected to the sights, sounds, and yes, smells of grown adults acting like fools. God Bless America.