Saturday, September 08, 2007
Broadway Meets LaBamba?

Man, my many New York readers *ahem* are going to be SO jealous: The PNC Bank Broadway Across America series is bringing Camelot to Louisville. And Lou Diamond Phillips is playing King Arthur! Fuck yeah!

I'm sure Lou's English accent will make everyone forget about the many fine Shakespearean actors who've played King Arthur in the past. The memory of the late Sir Richard Burton hasn't a chance when the third billed actor from Young Guns starts chewing up the scenery. What's next? Andy Dick in Hamlet? Dane Cook in Macbeth? Bring it on, PNC Broadway Series!


15 Comments:

You can cut the mediocrity with a spork.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Sean Connery is rolling over in his grave!

Oh wait, Sean Connery's not dead.

Kin ahora!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I knew his bit part on NUM3ERS would lead to great success.

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Wow.

Theater in the LV...

Blogger FRITZ said...

Hey. Lou was also recently seen on USA's network hit "Psych"--you know, the shitty 'mystery' show with bad plots, bad lines, and even worse actors.

And how I know of this, I shall never reveal.

Gosh, I've missed the Todd.

Blogger Dizzy said...

FRITZ- first of all, nice to see you! second...you are SO wrong. psych is hilarious. it's so campy! i love it.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

that was me, dammit.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, Keanu Reeves was unavailable?

Blogger Fella said...

Psych is hilarious and awesome. Two things that LDP wouldn't know about.

Also, Is there a greater utensil than the spork? I submit that there isn't.

Blogger tiff said...

We c'mon, at least we know he can sing!

Blogger Dale said...

Sounds like it'll be a bamba.

Blogger dguzman said...

Fuck yeah, indeed! Jesus, what I wouldn't give to see Homeboy sportin' that scraggly beard and tights and singin' about Camelot. I thought they'd changed all those to Sam Goody's!

Blogger Steph said...

I think Sly Stallone would be better for the role.

Blogger Sysm said...

I'd pay good money for anything with Dane Cook. Anybody with that many MySpace friends has GOT to be funny. Or naked.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Please refrain from saying "Dane Cook" and "naked" together in the same comment ever again, Sysm.

I would totally pay to see Andy Dick in Hamlet. I bet he'd punch Ophelia and then pee all over the stage.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer