Thursday, September 13, 2007
Move somewhere else
I've come to the conclusion that instead of overreacting when someone insults my hometown, I'm just going to go with it.

Why? Because I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks about where I live. Plus, the more negative exposure Louisville gets, the less likely it is to be overrun by asshole transients.

Every city in the world has its share of douchebags. When lots of douchebags from all over the country decide to congregate in a single area, what happens? If you really need to know, read the first year of this blog.

See the above picture? That's the nicest street in Louisville. The Mayor lives there, the lucky bastard; with his highfalutin indoor plumbing and asbestos-free walls. Whatever you do, don't move here.

Never mind that the picture is really from a google search of the word "slum" and could be any city in America. People believe what they want to believe. In the meantime, I'll hang out with my friends and enjoy the idiosyncrasies of my hometown. I suggest you do the same wherever you live.


14 Comments:

I love that people think that all Louisvillians do is eat fried chicken and square dance. Never mind the fact the city's metro area has population of over a million people.

I like to let people think that I grew up with out shoes, indoor plumbing, and wasn't up for all that fancy book learnin' stuff.

It makes for a better story of how I clawed my way out of the plight that is Louisville to success.

Blogger Fella said...

Rustic? Do you think I live in Kansas, circa 1850?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Am I the only one who sees the irony of someone from Wichita, Kansas making fun of Louisville?

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

The only thing I know about Louisville is that it's where you are from. That's enough for me.

You can take that in whatever context you see fit.

Blogger Heather said...

Am I the only one that can't see the picture? I really wanted to know what my new hometown is going to look like. :P

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i agree with scarlet hip.


(i feel weird calling her that.)

Blogger Tits McGee said...

My hometown is overrun by lesbians.

Blogger Sysm said...

Overrun?

That's a word that simply cannot be used in conjunction with the word lesbians.

Blogger Sevesteen said...

I had an outsider cow-orker who used to make fun of our area (in the middle of a cow pasture...) until I made the point that I grew up her, but he chose to come of his own free will, after living in all those better places.

He actually conceded the point.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Louisville looks nice. Is there a hotel on that block?

Blogger ThatGirl said...

I live in the lovely rogers park hood, northside of chicago.
in the last 3months we've had hooker fights, gun fights, a couple guys killed by cops, a bank robber dressed in scrubs who actually got away! and this morning a dude found dead, burned and doused in "accelerant"

I'm totally ready to move to Louisville.

Blogger FRITZ said...

See, here's the thing, Todd-O.

Kentucky is such an easy fucking target after Warren, MI, but that's only because people from Kentucky MOVE to Warren, MI.

I live in the fucking armpit of this entire country--Detroit. And I will defend it until I die, nevermind the fact that picture you posted is ACTUALLY in Detroit and it is not as bad as the rest of the fucking streets around it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Louisville is like a swanky little gem wrapped up in Appalachian denture spit. Yum.

Also, I don't think Louisville has a whole bunch of yarn stores, and I want to own one. So I'm looking to you to clear a path for me so I can set right down and start right up, ya hear?

You're such a fabulous slut, Todd. I've missed you horrifically.

Blogger Steph said...

Wow, nice place. Do you think I could snag a real estate bargain down there?

Blogger Joy said...

Oh and Someone left a runny pile of crack and booze-poop in the train station stairwell.

Ah, life in Utopia.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer