Sunday, November 04, 2007
This Just In: Americans Hate Winter
Here's a list of the ten American cities that have had the largest percentage population increase since 2000:

1. Las Vegas
2. Phoenix
3. Austin
4. Atlanta
5. Orlando
6. Charlotte
7. Houston
8. Dallas
9. Sacramento
10. Jacksonville, FL

Notice anything about these cities? None of them have real winters. People are moving away from any semblance of cold water. The top two cities are deserts, for fuck's sake!

I'm suddenly unsure about our citizenry's commitment to reverse global warming.


11 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

And I just moved from Miami to Michigan. I'm sooooo not "with it".

Blogger yournamehere said...

jo,
I lived in the number one city and moved away! You don't see Louisville on that list.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I kept reading that as "the top two cities are desserts." Ew.

I shouldn't try to read before 8 am.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Winter is only for the strong.

You've actually got it all wrong. It's not Americans moving from colder to warmer places... it's Mexicans moving from hotter to slightly cooler places. 5 of those cities have had huge increases in immigrant populations in the last decade.

Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

i lived in no. 2 for a year and moved back to CA! AZ is too friggin' hot.

Blogger Fella said...

Winter is awesome.

People are also moving away from sweaty crotch like humidity. I don't mind it being hot as long as I'm not sweating like I'm in a Vietnamese jungle.

Blogger Eric said...

People are moving to Jacksonville, Fl. on purpose?

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I love winter! More snuggling!

Blogger Cold Hands said...

Because cold weather sucks (says the girl from Dallas.)

I'm totally cool with the whole 'no winter' thing.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer