Thursday, October 16, 2008
An ACORN Intro
On February 20, 2006, John McCain addressed an ACORN event. ACORN is a group that tries to get housing for low income buyers; and at the time John McCain fully supported their efforts. In fact, he said "Everything that is good about America is in this room." Wow, that's quite an endorsement. I usually save the "Everything that is good about America is in this room" quote for titty bars! McCain loved himself some ACORN.

Then they started registering voters, some of whom might not vote for John McCain, and his opinion of them changed. Last night at the debate, his last chance to seem angry and out of touch in front of millions of terrified Americans, McCain claimed that ACORN was trying to "destroy the very fabric of democracy." Damn, from all-encompassing American goodness to destroying our society in two and a half years; that is some heavy lifting!

You're going to hear a lot of right wing noise regarding ACORN and "voter fraud", but the problem is voter registration fraud, which is quite different.

How, you ask? Well, ACORN paid a lot of unemployable types to register voters, and paid them according to how many people they registered. So, very predictably, some of the temps sent in phony names. It isn't voter fraud BECAUSE THESE PHONY PEOPLE CAN'T VOTE, for either candidate. Donald Duck isn't going to put Barack Obama over the top in Florida; nor will Howie Feltersnatch help John McCain keep Nevada republican. It's a silly, silly distraction and nothing more.

Have you ever been to a state fair or carnival? The same dazed transients who take your tickets at the corn dog booth were hired to register voters. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but this election will not be stolen by Adolph Allernipple or Hugh Jorgan.


13 Comments:

The FBI has raided that organization in 11 states. 110% of the population of Inianapolis is registered to vote thanks to ACORN'S efforts. An ACORN operative registering someone 72 times in Ohio is not merely a distraction. It seems that we will once again have to agree to disagree.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Ya know, the repubs have stolen the last 2 elections, can't we steal one back? sheesh. greedy.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

What about Heywood Jablome? Can he steal the election?

My favorite is Dixie Wrecked.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Vast,
i almost spewed my coffee thru the nostrils on that one...

Wilma Fingerdoo wants to vote too

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Funny... ACORN was founded in 1971 and the fabric of the nation hasn't torn in all those years...

I find it interesting that those FBI "raids" were prompted by anonymous tips.

I'd like to check Karl Rove's phone records.

See, I'm a bit sensitive because I've been to ACORN offices and I've reviewed their housing records. I've peered into their inner workings. I'm getting MY information about ACORN from personal experience.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

The squirrels in my yard are very offended by these accusations.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

What about the squirrels in your attic?

Blogger foundinidaho said...

If ACORN was so powerful, why wasn't Al Gore or John Kerrey elected?

Just wondering. Honestly.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I also submit this into evidence.

Blogger Maddie said...

I can't wait for this election to be over.

Blogger Cincysundevil said...

Howie Feltersnatch is my neighbor. He's a bit touchy about the name. Now Sarah Palin??? Now that is definitely a fictional name!

Blogger the_LuLi said...

When I worked for my aunt she left me a post it with a number for Hugh Jorgan, and said I had to call him back immediately. If it wasn't for the rest of the team peering over their cubicles, I probably wouldn't have realised I was about to embarrass myself on the phone to head office.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer