Monday, June 21, 2010
The song of my generation?
We have a relatively new radio station in town that calls itself "Gen X Radio". Chronologically, I am a member of the meaningless subcategory called Generation X. True, I am on the older side of the Gen X chart, but I am still lumped into this demographic whenever someone wants to sell me a pair of shoes endorsed by the ghost of Kurt Cobain


After years of driving an old Acura that didn't have a working radio, I am happy to report that my Toyota Corolla has a radio and a CD player, thus thrusting me into the latter part of the 20th Century.


Ok, here's the part where I tie the above paragraphs together. Almost every single time I change a CD in my car, the Gen X radio station is playing "C'mon Ride the Train" by the Quad City DJs. Apparently this is the song that defines my generation.


You want lyrics? I don't think you can handle these lyrics!


Come on ride the train hey ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train hey ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train woo woo hey
Ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train
Woo woo hey ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train
It's the choo choo ride it woo woo
Come on ride the train it's the choo choo train
Come on ride the train it's the choo choo
Ride it, woo woo
Come on, ride the train, it's the choo choo train



Really? They don't even play this shit at weddings anymore. I think this is all just a prank from an employee of the station. 


"Let's see how many times a day we can play 'C'mon Ride the Train'."


"Dude, they don't even play that shit at weddings anymore."


I can't wait until the limited edition "C'mon Ride the Train" Converse comes out.


5 Comments:

Woot, there it is.

Blogger kate sweeten said...

Gen X radio just started up in Kansas City, too, and I can't help myself...I love that shit.

Blogger Sara said...

Am I the only person who wants to go roller skating when I hear that song? It's like this compulsive urge that I just can't escape..

Blogger yournamehere said...

I want to roller skate into an active volcano when I hear it.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I don't know that song, and I am smack dab in the middle of Generation X.

I think someone's trying to torture you, personally. I think you should take some sort of action involving a shovel and the program director's face.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer