Friday, July 02, 2010
This will be my 986th post...
986 posts. That's a lot of self-indulgent horseshit. I barely manage to blog once a week these days, but when this "project" was called Viva Las Vegass I'd pollute the internet with my opinions almost every day. Those were the salad days, as H.I. McDunnough would put it.

I'm going to try to get to the magic 1,000 posts; hell, I might even go past that number, but I can't guarantee when that will happen. I write when the mood strikes and it hasn't done much striking lately. Usually I'll think of something brief and half-assed so I'll put it where "brief" and "half-assed" live and breathe, Facebook.

A lot of people who are much cooler than me gave up blogging a long time ago. The blog is the first generation Ipod of the information age, I suppose. But twitter does nothing for me, man! I don't just want to know what you had for breakfast. I want to know what you were thinking as you ate! 

So this blog will continue like the bar band that should have broken up when the original bass player died playing flag football. Maybe some of you will occasionally show up for a gig and applaud politely.


20 Comments:

Blogger LilSass said...

*applauding politely*

I hear you man. I hear you

Blogger Stupid Fast said...

(cheers enthusiastically then yells:)
FREEBIRD!!!!

Blogger Stupid Fast said...

also - reading since just before you left Vegas and check repeatedly daily for more funny.

here's hoping there's at least 986 more posts in the cannon. and screw facebook, post brief funny here please. thanks! & happy 4th!

Blogger SkitzoLeezra said...

((Sending a beer your way with a note written on a napkin))
I like your self indulgent posts. Keep on keepin' on, brother!

Besides, I've got ya followed on my Google reader. Did you ever see your blog praise on my Skitzo Leezra blog?

Blogger Sara said...

I'm with you on the "when the mood strikes" business. If I don't have anything to talk about, I don't like to fake it.

I am horrible at faking it.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I just posted my 1,524th blog entry today. When I hit the 986 ballpark, I wrote something along the lines of, "I might return." I had hit a hard funk, just as you have seemed to. I hope you hit a new wave of productivity just I have. For me, it was having people really look forward to it. I look forward to every blog you do. And you have more unique readers and commenters than I do, so there's that. And yours are generally less dude-ish than mine.

My favorite blogs of yours are when you're just pissed off. Are you not sufficiently pissed off these days? If so, what a travesty. Get pissed!

That's the one (and probably only) thing that Ian and I can agree upon; Todd writing pissed is damn funny!

Blogger lp said...

who are you, again?

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

*booty claps politely*

Blogger Alison said...

I have apparently written 1670 posts. I can guarantee you that none of them are as funny as anything you've written.

Blogger Alison said...

Oh, also? "Brief" and "half-assed" are perfect descriptors for Facebook.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I miss those salad days...

Blogger foundinidaho said...

You make me laugh out loud on a semi-regular basis (since you blog on a semi-regular basis). Please don't stop.

I will say I'm on Twitter and it seems to have a lot less of "this is what I ate" than Facebook and a lot more wit. But blogging is still a good thing.

Blogger lp said...

oh yes... i support you getting on the twitter thing post haste.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Twitter can only do so much justice to this stuff.

"She was so old she gave Abraham Lincoln his first blowjob" is 57 characters all by itself...

Blogger Heather said...

Still applauding.
You rock.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I think blogs are making a combeback. Like Sperry topsiders.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I came back!

*smooches*

Blogger Dale said...

As a first generation iPod I know just what you mean but you should keep on with fighting the good and bad fights! You're more brilliant than you know.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer