Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Bring in da noize, but kindly leave da funk at home
Here's a little bedtime story from your ol' friend Todd. Enjoy, my little ones.

I believe it was 1999 when my brother, my friend Dave, and I experienced THE SMELL. To this day, all I have to say to either of them is "THE SMELL" and they literally recoil in disgust.

We were at a club in Louisville called Have a Nice Day Cafe. It was a kitschy place that played disco and other hits of the seventies. Their drink specialty was jungle juice in huge half-gallon fish bowls; they were supposed to be for a group of people but I'd carry one around like it was a martini, drinking it all by myself. The three of us were standing there, me with my bucket of booze, Dave with his Budweiser, and my brother with a glass of red wine, when suddenly we were simultaneously nostril-raped by the olfactory equivalent of Dirk Diggler. We all literally gagged, then looked around for the offending smell; perhaps someone was gutting a marlin or wearing a suit made entirely of old tuna fish. No, it seemed to be coming from a very attractive young woman who was ordering a drink at the bar. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, not because she was pretty, but because I didn't want to believe that smell could come from an alive human. When she left, however, the foul stench followed her like she was the Pied Piper of stinky.

I turned to say something to Dave, and the poor guy's face was turning colors like a character in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. When it turned plaid, I bought him another beer. Everything was okay for a minute until the odor came back with a vengeance. "This time, it's personal" it seemed to say ala every bad sequel ever made. My brother actually vomited a little into his wine glass. She was right behind us, directly under an air conditioning vent, blowing her moldy goat cunt flow onto us like the mushroom cloud over Hiroshima. I couldn't help but stare at her crotch, expecting demons to emerge from what was clearly the Hellmouth, until my eyes were seared shut by smell-heat. We quickly retreated to the upper level, my brother guiding my temporarily blind ass up the stairs 'lest we lay dead at her feet, overcome by THE SMELL.

Sure, it was a disco, but she brought more funk to the party than George Clinton.


27 Comments:

Blogger JackassJimmy said...

T.

That was awesome! The images in that post created shock and awe, but I still laughed my ass off.

Thanks for the story!

Cheers,
JJ

Blogger Modigliani said...

ha! we had a "have a nice day cafe" bar in cleveland, too. Danm, even bars are chains now.

Oh! If the stank was that bad, why couldn't she smell HERSELF?! ewwwww!

Blogger tango jellybean said...

"...nostril-raped by the olfactory equivalent of Dirk Diggler". Pure poetry, my friend.

LOL!

Oh man I love you!

Blogger Jeremy said...

Zang, skunk twat...not even the Binaca from the babe kit can counter that punch.

Blogger yournamehere said...

j.jimmy,
this is the "shock and awe" that doesn't kill people or cost billions of dollars.

mo,
"Have A Nice..." had places all over. There's also a chain called "Polly Ester's". I went to one in California. I heard the one in Louisville closed. They probably couldn't get the smell out of there.

evil,
her smell wasn't "up to par" for a rotting animal corpse, let alone a person.

tango,
yet I'm not Poet Laureate. Fuckers.

rachel,
your love is recipricated.

joint,
sadly, gasoline and a match were the only things to combat the smell.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I'm sorry.

Blogger babyjewels said...

hilarious. I'm gonna go summer's eve now.

Blogger Heather said...

Maybe it was the pheromones? $20 says she went home with someone that night. I mean...isn't that the soul purpose of going to 'have a nice day'?

Blogger Dani said...

"Moldy goat cunt" is officially my new favorite saying. Now I just have to figure out how to work it into conversation....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slayed once again by your way with words.

WAAAAY too descriptive though. I'm going to crawl to the toilet and puke now.

Thanks.

Blogger Andi said...

Very descriptive, Todd! I vomited in my mouth a little!

Blogger yournamehere said...

shaken,
I read about your fascination with gross stories, so you're probably being sincere with your 'thank you'.

ubie,
Not as sorry as we were.

kat,
I think I saw a guy there that night whose face had been blown off in a chemical plant accident. Maybe he took her home. No one else could get near it.

babyjewels,
Summer's eve stock might go up because of this story.

heather,
the soul purpose? No, one went for the ambience, the finely crafted cocktails, the great music.

jo,
How about 'Hey moldy goat cunt, pass the salt'? That's a Thanksgiving show stopper.

Blogger yournamehere said...

real,
you must be tiny to be able to fit into a toilet.

shannon,
I can't imagine living with a stench so foul. Good lord.

princess steph,
a stripper with stank-crotch? That's someone who doesn't take her job seriously.

andi,
then my work here is done.

onyx,
yes, it is.

Blogger yournamehere said...

shaken,
yeah, I know. I'll send you a CD of the story being read by James Earl Jones. Powerful stuff.

Blogger Unknown said...

"the olfactory equivalent of Dirk Diggler" Another pot o' gold, Todd.

Blogger Fella said...

this story stinks!

Blogger little ol' me? said...

Mr Todd...
Long time reader (courtesy of TMIAB), first time poster.

I laugh with each post, however today I found myself wiping coffee off my screen. Laughed so hard tears were in my eyes.

Love it...
Mary

Blogger Blonde said...

I LOVE IT!!!

A guy finally talks about a woman who stinks like a dumpster behind a seafood restaraunt! HA!

Now she had a shield of clothing and panties to sort of block the funk...can you imagine full nudity funk???

Blogger Calzone said...

I'm so turned on right now

Blogger Ubermilf said...

See, I have the Parliament song "We Want the Funk. Give us the Funk. Awwww.... We want the funk. gotta have that funk."

Please ignore my crazy use of capital letters in the lyrics.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd, I said crawl TO the toilet, not INTO the toilet!

But yes, size 4, thanks.

Blogger yournamehere said...

shaken,
the dvd comes with a Scratch-n-Sniff booklet.

jj,
I wasn't sure if anyone would 'get' Lexington Steele.

nick,
it is maleodorous.

mary,
thanks for the comment. I'm glad you liked the story of one of the most horrific moments of my life.

blonde,
oh, I longed for the smell of Red Lobster's dumpster! I'm guessing her panties disintigrated, leaving one less funk barrier.

Blogger yournamehere said...

bob,
thanks. Nothing like a cunt build up.

calzone,
if you're a fire-breathing Dragon, I'm sure coming into contact with her would cause an explosion.

dan,
at least you weren't eating the subject of the story.

ubie,
I knew you'd be down with the P-Funk.

real,
Are you sure you didn't secretly edit that? I thought you said "into".

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No editing. I promise.

Maybe somehow a Freudian slipped and hit his head on the toilet...

Blogger yournamehere said...

indie,
that's what I like; drunk girls who smell good.

real,
damn those clumsy Freudians.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Maybe she had a fish in her hoo hah.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer