Monday, March 20, 2006
Sleeping with the enemy...


Once again, sports have served to highlight the depths of my hypocrisy. Damn.

Several seasons ago, when he was with the San Francisco 49ers, Terrell Owens scored a touchdown against my beloved Dallas Cowboys and celebrated on their star in the middle of the field. It was a typically classless, horseshit act, and a giant "Fuck you" to the Cowboy players, coaches, and fans.

I saw this act on television as it happened. To say I reacted negatively to this celebration would be an understatement. I wished death upon Terrell Owens that day, as well as disfiguring illnesses to his mother, siblings, and girlfriend. There were over fifty-thousand Cowboys fans in the stadium, and I shouted "Pussies!" at the top of my lungs when they let Owens leave the stadium with his miserable life.

Well, guess who signed with the Dallas Cowboys the other day? Uh-huh, Terrell motherfucking Owens. He's one of the best receivers in the league and the Cowboys desperately needed him. I'll keep repeating that until I actually believe it.

You know, why not use this scumbag's talents for a year before he becomes the team cancer I know he truly is? If the Cowboys don't sign him, someone will. Once again, I'm trying to convince myself that my favorite pro sports team didn't sell its soul to the devil for a playoff appearance.

Next season, whenever Terrell Owens scores a touchdown for the Cowboys and humiliates his opponents to call further attention to himself, I'm sure I'll be leading the cheers. And for that, I am already ashamed.

Just for my own amusement, however, I'm going to post this picture:

This is former Cowboy George Teague, knocking Owens off of the Star. I wish he would have hit him harder, but the thought was there.



14 Comments:

Blogger Dan-E said...

i'm a diehard 49ers fan and even though i don't like the cowboys (america's team my ass) i also thought that dance of his was classless. funny, but classless. i was quite happy when he was traded.

he's your tumor now but i will say that if there's any coach that might be able to handle owens, it's parcells.

Blogger afromabq said...

HAH (she says in her evil spirited way). You know how I feel and who I love!

Blogger Unknown said...

I think he would have been justified tearing TO's head right off his shoulders. He may have good hands but he's caused more trouble than he's worth for every team he's been on.

Blogger moi said...

The spangley gold latex pants are haunting me...

Whilst I thrilled at the picture showing Teague attempting to knock Owens head off,(ged in there my son- said in cockney accent) the ass in the air detracted somewhat from the overall enjoyment.

I feel nauseous...

Blogger egan said...

I can see why you're perplexed about this. He's a grade A prick who knows it. I really can't stand the guy either. I was afraid he was coming to Seattle. He's a real pain in the ass to say it mildly.

Well the Mariners got his close arrogant cousin, Carl Everett. This should make for another forgettable season for our baseball team.

Blogger MsHellion said...

Did we learn nothing from Dennis Rodman?

Blogger Cincysundevil said...

I never knew you were a Cowboy fan. Wow, I'm just stunned. I think I need a moment.



OK .... better now. I somehow figured you might have that soft spot for the Colts or the Bengals considering where you grew up. But, signing T.O. is not a good move. Bledsoe will need some outstanding protection to put the ball in T.O.'s hands or you'll soon enough hear about him bagging on the Pokes. It seems to me either Parcells knows how to rope in Ownes or he is truly getting desparate to win. Unfortunately for Dallas fans, I think it's the latter.

Blogger Blonde said...

I am a diehard lover of TO.

You may hate him, but he could be the missing link to the Cowboys going all the way this year.

Will you still wish horrible illness if he took you guys to the Bowl?????

Blogger Todd said...

Terrell Owens is a douche and will do nothing to help Dallas. If I were a GM and I didn't like my job, the very best T.O would get is a one year incentive-laden deal. Honestly, how long until he starts talking bad about Bledsoe and Parcells?

LMAO at T.O. getting his shit knocked off that star and am pissed that anybody signed his dumb, cocky, showboating ass but WTF do I know?

At least he didn't go to the Pats, I'd have been hella pissed then.


Lovin' you, sorry I couldn't talk earlier but I should be around tonight sometime.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Owens represents everything that's wrong with sports today. Arrogant, greedy, and totally without class. I can't wait for Parcells to give him the ass-kicking he so rightly deserves.

You are a Dallas fan? Really?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I can't ... believe... Cowboy's fan...

Oh, Todd, how could you??!!

(Running from room, slamming door, throwing self upon bed, sobbing)

Blogger yournamehere said...

dan,
The term "America's Team" was coined by NFL Films back in the 1970s, not by the Dallas Cowboys. They just ran with it.

princess,
I want you to seduce me, damn it.

afromabq,
I wonder who that is?

jj,
yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

tlsd,
don't be sick, my dear; it will be all right.

egan,
Carl Everett, huh? We're all fucked.

snap,
the glory days of sports are long gone. And they ain't coming back.

mshellion,
I learned that tall men shouldn't wear white wedding dresses.

Blogger yournamehere said...

cincy,
I have a soft spot for the Bengals, but not the Colts, really. They were the Baltimore Colts when I was a kid.

blonde,
I stopped wishing illnesses on him the day after the star incident; I just lost my temper that day. But I can't help but think he's a jerk.

todd,
the best thing is there are no guaranteed contracts in football. They can cut him after a year if they need to.

vixen,
I love football, but I'm enjoying college basketball right now.

rachel,
Deion Branch of the Pats played at the University of Louisville. He was good, but I never thought he'd be Super Bowl MVP.

brooke,
don't hate me because I'm a Dallas fan, and because I hate the Giants. Don't get me started on that spoiled fuck Eli Manning. "I don't wanna be drafted by San Diego." Fuck off, that's why it's called a "draft".

ubie,
don't cry. I hate the Yankees.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer