Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Don't Look Back in Anger (part 1)
I've decided to post a pictorial tour of my favorite memories, from childhood on. Please enjoy.


I don't remember my first Christmas, but thanks to this photo of my paint-sniffing cousin Lonnie, I can relive it every day.

Also, I still have the scar from where he shot me.










This is my first grade teacher, Mister Lanson. I cried the day they found all of those missing teenage boys in his septic tank.




The Kenwood Drive-In Theater in the South End of Louisville still operates to this day. I remember as a child spending many Saturday nights at this place. My beloved babysitter, Becky, took me there all the time. She'd buy me a large coke and a tub of buttered popcorn; and I'd have to sit outside in the gravel while she'd be in the car having sex with two or three guys at the same time. The guys were usually black, which taught me to appreciate diversity.


I spent a lot of time at the since-demolished Footstench Bowling Lanes. I wasn't bowling, though. I was eating hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza from the snack bar. Oh, the joys of childhood obesity.







I don't remember the name of this band, but dude, the Southern Middle School seventh grade dance fuckin' ROCKED!!!




Note: This wasn't going to be a two-parter, but blogger suddenly decided not to let me download any more of my precious memories. I hate blogger. It's so incompetent it almost has to be run by the government.


13 Comments:

Blogger Tits McGee said...

You bring me unparallelled joy.

Give me access to your blogger account and I'll post some cool Camp Cedar Ridge pictures featuring you and me in all of our 12 year-old glory. Come to think of it, give me access to your bank account and I WON'T post some cool Camp Cedar Ridge etc. etc.

Kidding. But I do have some hilarious pics of us as young'uns.

Blogger Phain said...

i think my sister was cousin lonnie's 5th wife?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

From the great beyond, the dead guy from Lynrd Skynrd is smiling down upon you.

Blogger flounder said...

Wouldn't it be great if those blogger bastards showed up in Mr. Lanson's septic tank?

Blogger MsHellion said...

Dude, I forgot to tell you. They closed Southside Drive-In while you were in Vegass. =(

You'll have to get your diversity training elsewhere.

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

can't wait for part 2!!!

Blogger egan said...

Did you meet Pants at that bowling alley too?

Blogger katarina said...

I thought you were going to say that Becky introduced you to other things.

Better than my BFE childhood which consisted of acid wash jeans and dancing to def leppard.

Blogger Rachel said...

Mr lanson, sure is a hottie?

Good times!


Lovin' you ;)

Blogger yournamehere said...

tits,
it's my pleasure.

knitty,
I also appreciate your second-hand lauds.

john,
hilarious because my mom thought JC Penney was the cutting edge of fashion. Oh, and because I was a big fattie.

le chat,
I hope not. Lonnie is a hitter.

ubie,
a Ronnie Van Zant reference? Nice.

flounder,
Mr. Lanson was executed by the state of Kentucky several years ago, but it would be nice if they showed up in someone's septic tank.

mshellion,
yes South Park is closed, but Kenwood is still open, I believe.

sonrisa,
you may be the only one looking forward to it. THanks, babe.

egan,
no, I meet Pants at skating rinks, not bowling alleys. I don't make fun of her anymore since her boyfriend sent me a death threat.

kat,
well, she taught me how to drown out awkward moans of exstacy.

monkey,
well, since none of this ever happened, except that Kenwood is/was a real drive-in, you may be right.

rachel,
he was when he got the electric chair.

rachel,
what's up, babe?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer