Saturday, March 31, 2007
This is NOT another post about basketball

Yes, the West Virginia basketball team won the NIT championship the other night, but that's not what I'm writing about.

This is the design on the shirts the players were given after the game ended. They wore these over their jerseys in a joyous courtside celebration.

V I R G I N A. The t-shirt company misspelled Virginia. And "virgina" is kind of how people from West Virginia pronounce "vagina", so this t-shirt had me giggling like a whore getting short-dicked.

I don't blame the team, though. If I had just won a championship, albeit a second-rate one, I would blindly trust that the provided t-shirt wasn't going to make me a sports world laughingstock; and I'd wear said t-shirt proudly until it was sweaty, then sell it to some loser on ebay.

These guys, especially the ones with no professional basketball options, need to hold on to these shirts. They are going to be worth a fortune, though probably not as much as the rare shirts from UCLA's 1995 NCAA Championship. The printer was going through a nasty divorce, and the shirts read "UCLA 1995 National Champions My Wife is a Fucking Whore". Those are solid gold!


13 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I dated a guy from West Vagina. I asked him once if his parents were brother and sister. He replied, "My parents ARE my brother and sister."

Gotta give him points for humor. And humor is sexy. So yes, we had sex.

Can I just say how funny it is that they are NIT champs? Does this make them Kings of the Nits?

I bet more than half the players and the vast majority of the state of West Virginnie didn't catch the misspelling. Does Nick live there?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

The master card logo makes it seem as if the NIT championship could be bought. Could it?

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

LOL...

Before I even read the post I noticed the misspelling. I didn't make the vagina reference though. That is solid gold.

Blogger Monkey said...

I'm immediately going to ebay to get me some of those 1995 shirts!

Like Brooke, I could not stop thinking of Nits. That's a delicacy for me you know.

Blogger Fella said...

This post is funny, but I can't enjoy it too much because I'm still lamenting the fact that I didn't see John anywhere on the HCwDB website. Knowing full well that he's a douchebag, I just assumed that it would be like his natural habitat.

Blogger la dolce said...

is $60 too much to pay for Lakers/Sonics tickets?

Blogger Cold Hands said...

Dude- that is the BEST thing I have ever seen!!! (Apparently I don't get out much.)

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

In Seattle, yes.

In LA, that's a bargain...

Blogger Alison said...

This makes me laugh, but only because when I was a little girl, I referred to my privates as "my virginia."

It made my parents laugh at the time, but I didn't know why until I was much older.

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I once had a t-shirt from a college track meet that read, "Soutwestern Relays."

But that's how Cajuns speak, you know.

Blogger Andi said...

My english major ass is twitching in disgust, you know.

Blogger Unknown said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer