Wednesday, March 14, 2007
The Shirtless Father and Son Duo, Revisited

On September 18, 2002, William Ligue, Jr and his minor son, the infamous Shirtless Father and Son Duo, attacked a visiting baseball coach during a game at Chicago's Comiskey Park.

Royals first base coach Tom Gamboa had his back turned toward home plate when the Ligue family rushed onto the field and attacked him.

They were then beaten senseless by the entire Royals team and promptly arrested.

Yes, these guys are a couple of low life scumbags, but at least they did things together as father and son. My dad and I never participated in the highly publicized cowardly beatdown of a much older man; we were never on Sportscenter together.

Actually, I think they did it to get on television. They claimed to have been taunted by Gamboa, but witnesses say otherwise. I imagine this conversation:

"Hey, son...."

"Yeah, dad?"

"Wanna be on Sportscenter?"

"Uh huh."

"Let's beat the ass off that first base coach."

I also bring them up to prove that not everyone who does this sort of thing is from the South. We have a bad reputation out there. Some people think we are ignorant of the tapas restaurant phenomenon, for God's sake! It's refreshing to highlight the brutal stupidity of folks from a big ol' sophisticated place like Chicago.

UPDATE: Where are they now? What has become of our shirtless ne'er-do-wells? Well, the father is in prison for violating his parole and the son was recently arrested for planning a drive-by shooting. A drive-by? Why does that kid think it's okay to just randomly attack someone?


23 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

to be fair, you asked "what's that?"

i was unclear as to what you meant. i figured you had seen a giant crack pipe before, which left the tapas.

Blogger yournamehere said...

kendra,

I didn't ask "what's that?"

I ate at a few tapas restaurants in Vegas. One time I spent eighty dollars on food and drink and still stopped at in-n-out on the way home.

Blogger April said...

awww...father/son time. i wonder if they got tattoos together, too?

why do so many think it's okay to just randomly attack someone else? oh, yeah...there's oil there.

bleagh.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

You know what's scarier?
Female Sox fans.

I think they may have more tattoos.

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

You have got to be kidding...

Planning a drive by?

This guy is a high profile offender, and he gets popped for planning a drive by?

You think that he would have laid low for a while...

Blogger Princess Pointful said...

I get the sense that these two might be somehow related to Dog the Bounty Hunter.
Although, I'm sure as the law-abiding citizen he is, he disavows all knowledge of them.
Dog has a reputation to protect.

Blogger katarina said...

What a touching story. I think I'll go call may dad.

Blogger flounder said...

You know Todd, not every son can step into the enormous shoes that his father once filled. Its refreshing to see that this kid is on the path to doing just that.

BTW - Nick is black? Who knew?

Blogger Fella said...

Your mom knew.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

While some comments leave me flummoxed...

Tracey is on the mark. Female Blackhawks fans are also scary. And they both seem to favor towering, hair-sprayed bangs and tight, high-waisted acid washed jeans, satin jackets and high-top Reebox. I don't even know where they buy them.

Also, I think those people immigrated from Indiana. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Also, tapas is incredibly yummy. My wedding reception was at a tapas restaurant.

I'm glad I didn't invite Nick.

Blogger Cold Hands said...

this story brought a little tear to my eyes....

people are idiots, we have established that.

I think I dated the young one back in the day.... it wouldn't suprise me.

Blogger Fella said...

Oh, I have no problem against free food, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

i know they were from indiana!!!

AND sweetie why are you making fun of your future home? you know once you get to chicago we will be at a tapas bar almost every weekend... ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is precisely why she is glad she didn't invite you Nick.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

How did I not comment here yet? And when did Nick become black?

Blogger Fella said...

Why do you hate me, Anthony?

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Hey Milf, You just described my Saturday night goin out clothes!!

na na hey hey babeeee!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm strangely turned on... lol.

Blogger ThatGirl said...

Now picture a size 26Womens Petite
or a scrawney size 4 and about 53yrs old. And missing a side tooth or two.

Blogger Fella said...

It's true. I don't know how to wipe.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I didn't know a jerkoff like you could come up with a clever comment like that.

Blogger Unknown said...

I think he got out and is getting his master's degree

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer