Tuesday, March 04, 2008
A Day in the Life of My Childhood Friend's Racist Dad, Circa 1979
(Photo Not Available)

Backstory: I've mentioned before my childhood friend's racist dad. He used to call me "(n word)-lover" as a term of endearment. Seriously. "Merry Christmas, (n word)-lover. Come over and have some eggnog."

He also had a collection of racist country music on 8-track tape. Hey, stop poking your own eyes out with a dry toothpick...you read it right. And not subtle country music racism as perfected recently by Toby Keith; but horrible, blatant KKK-hate-boner-giving racism. This was WAY before the internet, so he actually had to go out in public to obtain these recordings. I have no proof, but I'm guessing flea market.

Friend's Racist Dad: "I need some country music, preferably on 8-track tape."

Flea Market Guy: "Yep, 8-track is here to stay. So, do you want good country music, like Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, Sr? Or do you want complete and utter shit?"

Friend's Racist Dad: "Oh, I want tossed-off shit warbled by inbred half-wits. And make it racist."

Flea Market Guy: "Subtle code word racist or Hitler wet dream racist?"

Friend's Racist Dad: "I want this racism to burn a cross on Hitler's racism's front lawn."

Flea Market Guy: "Ok, but it'll cost ya."

Friend's Racist Dad: "Why make money if you can't spend it on the things that make you happy?"


10 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I have absolutely no idea how to respond to this.

Blogger Maddie said...

You need to work at the Louisville Board of Tourism.

Blogger John said...

I knew some of your childhood friends, and this Day in the Life episode is completely unshocking to me.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Do you think K-tel ever released the entire series?

People. Dontcha just LOOOVE 'em??

Blogger Unknown said...

god I wish there was a picture available!

Blogger Miss Melissa said...

::blinking::

I'm with Miss Scarlet on the "I just don't know how to respond to this" couch.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

this amused me. i too like to spend my money on things i love, like shiny and drunk.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Kendra's comment makes me want to get loaded and roll in glitter.

Blogger JL said...

You realize, of course, that all those recordings are still available, compiled on CD by music fans claiming they're 'ironic'.

Johnny Rebel, The Coon Hunters, etc. all just a PayPal away from your CD drawer due to the magic of the Internet...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer