Monday, October 20, 2008
Hurry up and look at this video before Fox takes it down
Last night I watched Family Guy, as usual, but they did something that was way out there, even for them. Stewie, Brian, and family friend Mort Goldman go back in time to Europe, circa 1939. Check this out before it disappears:






That's pretty damn inflammatory, huh? And ironic that the commercial buys and DVD sales of Family Guy fund the Fox News channel and help pay the salaries of Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

Of course, I don't think McCain and Palin are Nazis. Well, not McCain, anyway. Just kidding. Not Palin either, I guess.

No, Sister Sarah isn't a Nazi. She's a nut who thinks the Earth is only five thousand years old, she won't let an incest victim have an abortion, and her church has some serious problems with Jews, but she isn't a Nazi.

On August 17, 2008, Sarah Palin was in the congregation of her church, the Wasilla Flat Earth Society or whatever it's called, and listened to a sermon by "Jews for Jesus" founder David Brickner. Brickner has the wacky belief that Israeli victims of terrorism are being judged for not accepting Jesus as their savior. A quote: "When Isaac (Brickner's son) was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment—you can’t miss it."

Anti-semitism - you can't miss it.

In all fairness, Sarah Palin didn't say any of this, at least on record; so I don't think she's a Nazi.

She just palls around with them.


UPDATE:
Well, that was taken down pretty quickly, as predicted. Funny thing, Fox takes all Family Guy videos off of youtube, not just the politically charged clips, due to copyright issues.

As far as being offended by satire of Obama, I was watching SNL a few weeks ago and the guy who plays Obama said, in character, that if elected president he'd put Bill Ayers in charge of national security. It didn't offend me at all because it's a comedy show. I was offended when Sean Hannity let a crazy man smear Obama on Fox News because it was presented as serious journalism.

I had planned to write about Palin's church and the "Jews for Jesus" before I saw Family Guy this Sunday. I kind of wish I hadn't used the clip because it obscured the fact that Sarah Palin's church endorses a man who thinks Israelis deserve to be killed.

It's my opinion that Sarah Palin is a dangerous religious extremist who shouldn't be a candidate for anything but Deacon at her crazy-ass church.

UPDATE, PART 2: Hey, if David Brickner says his remarks were taken out of context I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt; mainly because I don't want to believe that anyone would think that way. I'll leave it to people of the Jewish faith to decide if they want to be offended by a group that feels the need to "save them from hell" by converting them to Christianity.

However, I stick by my opinion, which I'm entitled to, that Sarah Palin's evangelical belief system is extremist. She thinks the world is 5,000 years old; she wouldn't allow an abortion in the case of rape or incest; she was prayed over by a man who asked god to protect her from witchcraft. In my world, that's extremist.


14 Comments:

And she probably sleeps with one.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Goodness, I love you.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

What Monkey said.

There's nothing I enjoy more than reading my favorite liberal blog in the morning.

I saw that Family Guy episode last night. While it is still one of my favorite shows, I have to wonder what the horrific outcry from every corner of the left would be if that button had said Obama/Biden? Where is the outrage from the left over this? Oh that's right, I tend to forget about the left's hypocrisy and their selective outrage on these types of things. I guess it doesn't matter, Republicans are used to being called Nazis by radical whack jobs anyway.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

it was gone by the time i got here. WAH.

Blogger Dale said...

Maybe nobody saw it because they were all stuck watching Palin on SNL on their Tivos over and over?

I'm always amazed with the stuff I'm forced to laugh at on Family Guy and the lack of flack they get.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

It's true that while Palin's husband is wacky, the McCain/Palin campaign has not been racist.

Although I'm sure they'll hold their noses and accept the votes from racists who can't bear the thought of a black president.

And there was the whole voting against MLK Jr. Day on McCain's part.

But being compared to Nazis is a low blow.

Blogger Jamie said...

Low blow? It's a cartoon, and it was funny. And totally unexpected, which made it even funnier. Thank god it's one of the few shows I tivo.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Of course, if any whiny right wing people can find an example of Obama supporters doing something like this to a McCain supporter, I'd be happy to condemn it.

Blogger messianicmatt said...

Most blogs and news services have quoted the same one paragraph of the message that David Brickner of Jews for Jesus delivered at Sarah Palin’s church, giving the false impression that he believes that terrorist attacks are God’s judgment on Israel for not believing in Jesus. Please read or listen to the entire message for yourself at www.jewsforjesus.org/blog/20080817 so that you can hear Brickner’s remarks in context. Please also take a look at Brickner’s comments concerning his message at Wasilla Bible Church, as well as interviews by Christianity Today and MSNBC with Brickner about this issue, at www.jewsforjesus.org. Among other things, Brickner says, "The comments attributed to me were taken out of context. In retrospect, I can see how my rhetoric might be misunderstood and I truly regret that. Let me be clear. I don’t believe that any one event, whether a terrorist attack or a natural disaster, is a specific fulfillment of or manifestation of a biblical prediction of judgment. I love my Jewish people and the land of Israel. I stand with and support her against all efforts to harm her or her people in any way."

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I can't even tell you how many Christians have tried to convert me to save me from hell. Fortunately, Jews don't believe in hell.

And here are Brickner's words - http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/The_Jerusalem_Dilemma3.mp3

- I'm not really seeing how this was taken out of context. It's pretty damn clear.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Brooke, can I have your address? I have a pamphlet I'd like to send you.

Blogger Fumbling said...

such a good Palin post.

Blogger Fella said...

Also, if you want to find and keep clips around try hulu.com

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer