Sunday, August 29, 2010
I had a nitemare
Ok,I basically no longer have a computer. My laptop is broken and it will be a while before I get a new one. I won't be doing a lot of posting, but Glenn Beck has pissed me off to the point that I'm slowly typing this out on my iPod Touch.

Yesterday Beck decided to have a gathering of mouth breathing tea partiers. You'd assume such a collection of morons would include Sarah Palin, and you'd be right. Beck decided to have this rally on the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, at the exact place where it was given.

I'm for free speech, even when Sister Sarah is doing the speaking; and I'm for freedom of assembly, even when the assembled are a group of hateful, willfully ignorant jackasses.

But isn't it a little crass to mark the anniversary of King's historic speech by bringing together people whose two main concerns seem to be coming up with new, "clever" racial epithets to hurl at the president and making sure the victim of sexual assault is forced to birth the rapist's baby? I don't know, couldn't we do better?

And really, anything would have been better. A massive circle jerk would have been less offensive. I can see the spirit of MLK saying, "Oh my goodness, it's the anniversary of my most famous speech and those people are masturbating. And some of the have fingers up their ass, too. Oh well, at least Glenn Beck isn't involved."


2 Comments:

Blogger Al Sensu said...

Having engaged in reasonable, respectful dialog about this event on my Facebook page, once again you are a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

Wasn't Martin Luther King's niece a keynote speaker at the event?Hard to believe she would participate in an event that would rape her uncle's good name.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer