Thursday, October 05, 2006
And I promised my grandfather, on his deathbed, that I'd never be photographed wearing a donkey mask..

...but here is further proof that I'm a filthy liar. That's my associates and me at Lebowski Fest, the annual festival based on the movie The Big Lebowski. We won Best Group Costume! (The nice ladies dressed as Kahlua bottles aren't with us). We were "gold brickin' asses" from the line "Get your gold brickin' ass out of my beach community."

I'm the tall one on the far left, by the way. And is it really necessary to give the "bunny ears" to someone already wearing a donkey mask?








I'm glad we won, but these girls, the White Russians, got my vote.

I started drinking at about four p.m. and didn't stop for twelve hours. I drank beer at the pre-fest concert, bourbon in our hotel room, more beer and white russians (not the chicks, sadly) at the main event, and more bourbon at the after party. There's also a picture of me surrounded by hot Roller Derby girls. I was going to include it in this post, but my friend Alisha hasn't sent it to me yet and if I don't write about it now my old ass might forget it ever happened.

I don't have pictures of the afterparty, but suffice to say that is where my liver sustained the most damage. I danced, for the love of all that is rhythmless. When I dance I look like a quadruple amputee with an inner-ear infection.




After a night of drinking like Lindsay Lohan on New Year's Eve, we needed relief. Luckily for us, the Official Lebowski Fest Day After Party was held at the best place on earth to get breakfast, Lynn's Paradise Cafe. I had biscuits and gravy. It was so good Nicole Richie would have eaten it. Well, maybe not, but the food there is really good.


I had a great time and when I get more pictures maybe I'll post them.


16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny...
I know you said a mask but really... that goes way beyond what I was imagining!
Fucking fantastic!!!
hahhahaahhahah

(I'm not drunk... but only because its 10:30 in the morning)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome.

Blogger Cold Hands said...

sweet.

Blogger da buttah said...

you voted for the white russians?

awww, hun, you love me :)

seriously, my dads from the region called "white russia"...ain't that some shit?

You are totally adorable, even with the big ears.

;)

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i will post my pictures at some point this weekend. i promise.

i like how you finally posted a picture and yet managed to have it not include your face.

you're like wilson.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I never get invited to Lebowski fest.

Blogger Jess Riley said...

"When I dance I look like a quadruple amputee with an inner-ear infection."

You've got some mad simile-makin' SKILLZ.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I thought you'd be taller.

I seem to be following Monkey in all my comments. Always one step behind that little plushy thing.

Blogger Kristina said...

Sorry to be off topic here, but I came across this blog and thought of you!

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

Enjoy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice Ass! ;0

**someone had to say it**

Blogger yournamehere said...

tits,
how about those girls covered in gravy?

nick,
I don't know that person and won't disparage her in fear of a lawsuit. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being.

tlsd,
you can't drink at work? You're employed by fascists.

jon,
I was looking forward to it, and it exceeded all expectations.

eek,
there was another photo that you're in, but it looked like the person who took the picture was sitting down, making for a terrible angle.

violet,
because you know I'd take care of you if I was in power. I'd also take care of you if you visited me now, but in a completely different way.

cold hands,
you'd look good as a white Russian.

da buttah,
I didn't know that, but I definitely do love you.

Blogger yournamehere said...

rachel,
I look much better with the mask, actually.

kendra,
I'm like the volleyball from that crappy Tom Hanks movie?

ubie,
we've already discussed this. The open invitation to all was on this blog.

jess,
the South is big on similes, but I try to make mine more humorous that cornpone.

monkey,
I knew you'd be attracted to the animal element of this post.

brooke,
I'm beginning to think that you are Monkey, that you bought the rights from the lady who started the Monkey concept.

kristina,
that blog is great. It proves my point: hot chicks love douchebags.

dawn,
as long as someone had to say it, I'm glad it was said by a cute blonde chickie.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

kickass costumes.

bunny ears = genius level.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the fact that you're rythmless is incredibly hot.

I'm not drunk, but I'm high.

Blogger little ol' me? said...

Just as hot as I thought you would be.....i think the ears make you even hotter!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer